Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Inexistence


I've fallen ill again, thanks to an inflammation of my throat. Of course, bodily ailments cannot compare to ailments of the heart. Now I'm down with both...

I finally realise that I have lost most passion in Science, through teaching my nephew. I remember how I was so eager and curious about all things Science. Now I wouldn't go through Primary School again: it is agonising. Perhaps it is the hypocrisy of it all; I don't like to be reminded of how I was thought a fool by those around me. Those I used to respect. Until I grew wiser and learnt that I was right all along. I wonder if they have learnt from their mistakes. Now history repeats itself. I find myself forced to teach the very lies that the textbook spreads. Of course I made a careful effort to warn my student about the pitfalls, but I had to make him swear to secrecy.

Yes, I used to (foolishly) think I was at the top of the world; perhaps now I truely taste my folly. Ultimately, praise, reknown, reputation, what do all these amount to in the end? Perhaps I was right all along that there are no absolutes. True realisation of "self" is undoubtedly more important than all the other "transitional" wants. I quietly laugh at myself for how foolish I appeared to be.

No comments: